Thread: Motor Mounts
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2023, 04:12 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Motor Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBray View Post
The original front GMC V-6 engine mounts (part #2391949) are obsolete and I have not seen any NOS ones for years. Your choices are have your originals re-vulcanized or use NAPA 620-1045. The major difference is the NAPA mount has a single stud on the bottom, the original mount has 2 threaded holes. You may have to drill a hole in your motor mount perches to make it work. As for the rear bell housing mounts, take a look at Anchor 2162 (upper) and Anchor 2163 (lower). Rockauto has them. These are regular GM medium duty truck mounts that were used for many years, and they fit the later pickups as well. You might be able to modify them.
I am using Anchor 2337 mounts for the front, they have 1 metric M10 stud, but my '65 perches have 3 holes in them, left, right, and center, so both types can be used. Virtually a drop in part. They're not as pretty as the OEM mounts, though.
For the rear mounts, I use Anchor 2107 and Anchor 2108. These pair up to form one mount. (you need 2 mounts in total)