View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2018, 02:35 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 60 gmc 5000 grain truck 351c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyjohnson View Post
I'm looking at picking up a cab over grain truck with a 351c v6. Today I got it running and moved it around a little bit, but I don't have the means right now to take delivery (maybe after winter). The guy bought it back in 2008 and he never moved it after that.

The plan is to make a trailer out of the grain body and then make a car hauler out of the rest (some day).

I do have a few questions.
1) This truck has independent front suspension with Dayton wheels, which i would really like to keep the ifs. Does anyone know if the hubs can be changed over for an aluminum rim?

2) Does anyone have good glass? I think someone shot it with a bb gun.

3) Would there be anyone interested in the motor? The odometer shows 6600 miles but I'm not sure if it works, and I can't remember the hour meter off hand but it wasn't much.

Thanks

1. I can't help you there
2. Glass can be had but it's all from Mexico now. I think it has a blue tint to it. If you're wanting it to look its best, have a windshield shop make you some.
3. If you're don't want that motor I'm sure you can find someone to take it. Put it in the classifieds and someone will haul it off for you. If it works. You said you got it to move around, so I think that means you did?
Those engines used to pull school buses, tractor trailers, all kinds of things. If it runs it'll haul whatever car you think you'll be pulling around easily. If you were closer I'd come pick it up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.