View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2020, 02:18 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Carb Number deciphering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBray View Post
23-197 is a Bendix-Stromberg number. The GM part number for that carburetor is 8867232, and it's WWC for a 351E without an AIR pump. When you rebuild it, pay particular attention to the air horn (top cover) and make sure that the bottom is perfectly flat. Common problem with the WWC was over-tightening the air cleaner wing nut would pull up and distort the air horn, and cause an internal vacuum leak. Other than that, the WWC was a good carburetor
Funky this topic is one of the reasons I love this place. Where else can you say "I found an old carb in an old wooden chest buried in an oil pit in the scrap yard that burned down in 1971. Here's a garbled number off the side. What can I do to rebuild it?".

Then get the part number, links to a rebuild kit, common problems to look for, the history of the carb, and it's parent's DNA sample mailed to the front door. Try doing that with most places and all you get is blank stares or some 15 year old kid telling you you're retarded for not buying some cheap chinese junk for 15.00 on bingbong.china.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; December 17th, 2020 at 02:23 PM.