View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2015, 11:35 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
this is the BEST thread EVER. Hats off to you for your writing style and never-ending fortitude in the face of eternal adversity. Great read.

Signed,
Those of us lost behind you, following your breadcrumb trail....

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Thanks Pilotguy!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I don't know if I'd go that far but I hope some of it is helpful even if it's all in the vein of "Hey ya'll, watch me mess this thing up next"

I missed a great weekend of semi-thawed (60 degree) weather due to being sick. Both me and the Powder Puff were curled up on the couch watching movies. Good snuggle time, not so good workin' time. We're supposed to have similar weather next weekend though so I want to maybe pull Cecilia in the garage with a heater and see how much give those bearings have.

First (Thanks AZKen!) I'll be fiddling with the timing to see if she's off enough to cause predetonation and my mysterious knock. If that doesn't work out I think I can just drop the 'earl pan and wiggle the piston um...bottoms? by hand to see if they're loose enough to be the cause of my knocking.

For anyone that doesn't know what pistons are and how I'm going to be getting to them, engines have these big plunger looking things on top of a crooked stick. Oh, hey I got some terminology when I searched for a pic.

Here's a piston

The connecting rod cap at the bottom should poke down into the oil pan if I read things right. So if I pull off the oil pan I can reach up in there and grab it to see if they wiggle. There should be six since this is a V6.

Anyway, that's the plan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.