View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2015, 01:38 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

I meant to get my plastigauge out today and check those bearings but the weather didn't cooperate. I only had a couple of hours of warm weather

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So I piddled around instead. The neutral alignment I mentioned a few pages ago is still great but the transmission keeps jumping out of second gear and I can't figure out why. I thought I had the linkage messed up (too high, too low?) but after adjusting it all the way in both directions I didn't get anywhere. It still jumped out. So I tore out the hump to see if the tranny was switching all the way in both directions when I moved it.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Here's the linkage I was watching. It was working fine.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pull the transmission out again and get my hands dirty figuring out why 2nd gear is wonky.

While I was in there I went ahead and adjusted the 4x4 shift knob so it didn't require me to bottom it out against the floor to be in 2 wheel drive.

You just have to stick a big ol' fat screwdriver in the holes and twist it around and it'll lengthen or shorten as you need. I ran mine out about 1/4 inch.

After that was done I drilled some holes to put screws in the rubber boot to hold it down. It wasn't too tough at all.

It turned out pretty good and should keep those nasty exhaust fumes from clouding up my mind. I keep driving in the same circle and wondering why everything looks new to me.

And that was it before the cold crept back in and got me. I'm sick of winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.