Thread: Wiring diagram.
View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2022, 07:00 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Wiring diagram.

The "link" is right here on 6066GMCCLUB. If you can work out the mechanical installation. We can get you wired. Don't throw away any the of generator mounting brackets/hardware. Can be used for fabbing an alternator bracket. Lots of info here and internet showing ideas for mounting alternator to GMC V6. We are assuming you have a 305 V6.
Alternator
https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.p...rnator+bracket

BE ADVISED
I posted my usual "rant" about switching to alternator. I am not saying that you can't fix whatever is wrong with the present system. I really don't know what is wrong. I am not up on that generator/VR stuff. It may be minor, don't know. There are many tests you can perform per the internet. There may be members here who can help with that.

I can, however, get you converted if you wish. If you decide on an alternator, report when in hand. Do not start any wiring or disconnect any wiring or throw anything in the trash, until we begin the conversion. You can sort out how you will mount the alternator and move the generator off to the side. Study the diagram provided here and confirm your truck's charging wiring is wired like the diagram.

Last edited by AZKen; March 20th, 2022 at 12:02 AM.