View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2022, 08:29 PM

Truck: 1964 Fleetside PU 1500
EBasil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Swapping Knobs to use OEM Choke on new cable?

Fellas,
As much as I desire to swap in an OEM appearing choke cable, this particular project is behind work, working with the GMC as a tool (to haul debris and building supplies for a home project) and playing with the GMC at the Brother's truck show where I realized I might (and did indeed) run into gearheads including Dave Welch who could fondle (oh so gently) my choke cable and opine while jawing about our trucks.

I had no intention to either offend, or to be lectured, in relation to my sporadic internet time. I would note that this is not the only "owner/afficionado group" I am in on the intarwebz, and that YOUR responses, Ken, contain way more heat than light. If you feel that's an unfair attack, just know that it's laser-****-guided right. My skin is thick, however: no hard feelings.

I'll get this thing figured out someday. Maybe not this week or next, because I have some aux reverse light wiring to debug, an oil change and the first steps in reupholstering the bench to consider. It will happen, though.

I would also note that Dave Welch from Brother's used to run a GM/Chevy junk yard and did invite me up to Corona to dig through his piles in case there's a useable choke cable in there. That might be fun, in general, and might generate the simplest solution although I will likely get another lecture from Dave about my split rims...