View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2018, 12:02 AM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I had a similar problem with the engine not getting fuel and I had change my fuel sending unit when I first started to work on my truck (fuel gage would not work). In my case everything was fine. Then slowly I notice the carb was not getting enough fuel until it quit providing me fuel. I am using an electric fuel pump and I notice that it was not changing tone (was pumping only air at this time) when the carb became full (engine not running at this point). I had disconnected the fuel line from the sending unit and found it dry. I connected a rubber hose to the line and turn the key on, pump change tone and the engine started with no problem. On a closer examination of the fuel sending unit I notice the brass fitting didn't look right and didn't match the original mounting position on the line and the solder didn't look like it had bonded. I removed and leak check the sending unit and found it was leaking at the solder joint. I got my torch out and removed the brass fitting, then I found out it was barely on the line. I cleaned the inside of the brass fitting and the line. The I reassembled it making sure the brass had bottom out on the line and the solder (using acid core solder) was all the way around. I wash the sending unit inside and out with water then blow dry with compress air. Then I put it back in the truck and had no further problems with fuel delivery.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?