View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2016, 05:46 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice
Default Re: The saga continues - Sputtering, loss of power when accelerating

It's tough to read intent or emotion on these forums sometimes.

But having read a lot of posts from TJ and Fletch; I find them both to be pretty funny (Fletch) and resourceful guys (TJ-LOL-tongue-in-cheek), in their own unique ways. I've never met them so I can only go by what I read and my gut feel about them which is; very Positive and always helpful.

I detect some contradictions in your posts and nowhere did I read that someone questioned your manhood.

Quote:
-But, my gut is starting to tell me that maybe I'm getting taken for a ride,
-This dude is telling me that if it was him he would look at doing an engine rebuild in the next 6-12 months, as the engine is getting a bit noisy..... Again, it's all just starting to sound a bit over the top to me.
…I'm happy to pay what a job is worth, so if y'all think 11 hours is fair enough then I'll chalk it up as a lesson learned (IE, stop putting off buying the tools and shop manuals)

-That's also why I come here, because there's loads of people that know more about this
In my opinion:
The question/concern put forth by you was answered in a "tone" that I've always picked up from TJ and Fletch. You mentioned some terms like piston slap which tells me you know something more then a guy that just has a crescent wrench set.
That's probably why you came here to get confirmation and I think you got it.

Does not doing any work on your car/truck make you less of a man? Of course the answer is NO, but it helps to have the manual and read up on the areas you are having worked on, so you could ask the mechanic about the valve adjustment specs etc...etc.

It's great that you'll have your truck back on the road but...

I would trust your gut on this; but not with the raw turkey leg. but I digest...I mean I digress LOL