View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2023, 11:00 PM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unfortunately, my 2WD truck isn’t working out in AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
Hello All,

In the spring we moved from the flatlands to a remote neighborhood on the east side of Beaver Lake Arkansas, and my 2WD truck isn’t working out when towing on the narrow and steep dirt roads. Never thought I’d let go of this truck after all I’ve put into it the last fifteen years, but I’ve decided I need to go back to 4WD.

I probably won’t make the switch until mid next year, but thought I’d give you guys a heads up. In the meantime, I’m using tire chains when I don’t have enough tongue weight to minimize wheel spin on steep gravel inclines. And when meeting oncoming traffic that cannot give me immediate right away on steep gravel inclines, I’m forced to stop and cannot restart when carrying a load, so I have to back the trailer down and take another run at it (and hope it’s clear).

Anyway, when I’m ready to make the change I’ll post my sale ad on here first.

Best regards,

David Clarke
Hello David! I don't get on here much any more since I never got one of these trucks again. Sounds like you must have sold the Binder project too. I am sorry to read you have to sell that great truck. Hope you and Carla are doing well. Congrats on approaching retirement. I did it in April and don't regret it one bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Snyder View Post
Sorry to hear you're considering parting with your "pride and joy", Dave. You ought to keep it and add to your fleet with a 4WD truck for towing duties.
Too bad he can't keep it Ed! Loree uses that "D-word" (downsize) now and then too. Scares the crap out of me! I like having junk around! Hope you folks are well too!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday