View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2015, 08:22 PM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cayoterun's new folly--GMC/Chevy bus

Quote:
Agreed. Those skirts really give it almost a Jetsens look. 292 is a great choice. Tom
Tom:
Since you're a bus fan, I wondered about yours and others thoughts on this.
My intentions with this is get it running, tagged, and street legal. Bring the exterior up to being presentable, close to original, but not show quality, let the next guy do the finish cosmetics to their taste, when I'm finished "playing" with it. Redoing the inside pretty nice as a camper like it was. New paneling, cabinets, floor coverings, etc.

I'd like to know what would be best for outside appearance? The solid covers on some of the windows don't look original, and wondered if the window glass is still behind the covers and paneling in the bathroom, if it wouldn't look better by taking the outside covers off, and using window, or shower curtains inside, instead. I don't know what to do about the missing exterior rain deflectors that's been removed. I'd hope some sheet metal guy could fab new ones by using another one as a pattern.

I'm trying to draw my mental picture of where I could go with it and still keep the 30s-40s original exterior look.
Need other thoughts.

Whoops, Tom. Reread some of your posts, and saw your ideas. Good ones. (Another senior moment, here)

Thanks

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by Cayoterun; July 19th, 2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: add comment