View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2019, 01:23 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NOS Find of the year! (so far so good)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
On a related note, my daughter painted my badging a couple of years ago but by this point you can't tell. Is there a special paint that needs to go on them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
I guess it needs to be acrylic enamel because I found identical color matches in testor model paint and thought since it was on emblems it would be fine, but it does not hold up for squat. Acrilic enamel can be made up in a spray can at automotive paint stores but you have to have codes to mix from or do color scans to match, and emblems don't have enough surface paint to do a match, but I might try spraying some sheet metal with my matches from model paint colors and give them enough surface area to scan the color from
Sign painters "One Shot" is great paint for that kind of thing. Most car and truck guys know of Eastwood, last I knew they carried it. I'm sure a lot of ebay stores have it though. It flows on even better when thinned sparingly with "Penetrol".

I was a sign painter for many years and repainted a lot of emblems for local restorers. Never had any complaints.

Sorry I don't post much, but I still don't own one of the great GMC's from this era. Still love all the old GMC's though!

DAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 160_5780.JPG (1.09 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
File Type: jpg penetrol on '55 002.jpg (1.33 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday