Thread: Club Update
View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2019, 04:52 AM

Truck: Shopping for a 1960-61 4x4
Jeannie is on a distinguished road
Default Club Update

Hello Members!

As many of you have noticed, we're experiencing growing pains from user growth and all of the content (picture) hosting. This has been especially visible recently as our server has hit storage capacity several times. This was expected. To better handle subscriber and content growth in the future, we will be moving our site to a larger, more capable server in the coming days, as my health permits.

This move will also allow us to upgrade our software in the coming weeks which will improve the look and feel of our forum experience. This will also allow us to keep up with the latest security trends without having to manually code them into older software.

If you find that you are unable to access the server this weekend please try again in a few minutes. I expect the move to be largely seamless to our members but as we are all aware, things do not always progress as you would like them to in life.

With regard to the software, I may need a few volunteers to test the upgrades for bugs as we're sorting out the myriad of changes that have occurred since the forum's inception over the next 2 weeks. This will largely consist of navigating the site, uploading files, and trying to break things as you find spare time throughout the day. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, let me know.

Have a great weekend!

-Jeannie

6066 GMC Club