View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2014, 03:59 AM

Truck: 1964 Fenderside 1000
Andice is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New 66 GMC ratrod project

I was a member of the Kaiser-Frazer Owner's Club for many years. I owned a Henry J. The older, usually better off Frazer owners would not bother to acknowledge a younger, usually new-to-the-hobby Henry J owner. The Kaiser owners were a little more friendly but the belief was that the Henry J hastened the demise of the Kaiser-Frazer Corporation so there was no love lost for the Henry J or it's present day owners. I just wanted to own a car that was unique and I tried to do all that I could to perpetuate the make and model whenever possible. Sure, I would have preferred to have all of the Henry J owners restore their cars to original factory condition using only NOS parts. But I did not own every Henry J so I had no control over how fellow owners restored or modified their cars. Some of them added AC for comfort, some added bigger engines for more power, some added radials for better handling and traction. I like old cars and trucks and whatever it takes to keep them on the road while remaining safe and reliable is OK with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg henryj3.jpg (83.5 KB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)