Thread: Motor Mounts
View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2023, 08:27 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default Motor Mounts

Okay, I know this has been addressed a few times in the past and I have read those threads but some things have been left unanswered that I was able to find.

First of all the front mounts (pictured). I saw the post about using the trans mount BK 6201045. I bought a similar one but wasn't the same part number and the holes didn't line up. However, it didn't look like a perfect alignment in the pictures of the BK 6201045 so maybe it doesn't have be perfect...? Anyway, I guess the question is, Has anyone had any success with the front mounts other than having them re-vulcanized?

Then there's the rears (also pictured). These are the 'saddle' style and I was able to find the 'lower' (the rubber piece on the bolt) but, of course, nothing else. I saw a thread about someone who bought the perch of the later style 'block' mount type thing and was going to replace his saddle style with it. I have NO idea if it was successful or if that is just a 'bolt on' type swap or do holes have to be drilled, do they line up with the bell housing existing holes, etc, etc.

I probably wasted my money on the lower pieces now that I'm thinking about it, unless someone has a solution for replacing the original pads in the 'saddle' style...?

So why not re-vulcanize? When I started finding old threads on this topic I noticed the farther back you go, the more that option made sense. At this point though...holy SMOKES!! $155 for the pair of fronts and that doesn't include shipping, both directions, or tax. They don't list the rears at all but let's pretend I could talk them into and doing it at the same price (highly unlikely)..that is $465 before shipping and tax!!!...we're talking about FOUR motor mounts folks...there HAS to be something else I can do..!???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20230306_193110610.jpg (2.89 MB, Multiple views, 15 clicks)
File Type: jpg PXL_20230306_193129151.jpg (2.03 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)