View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2020, 03:25 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 6066 GMC Truck Club 20th Anniversary

Dadgum what a walk down memory lane! I've only been around for the past 7 years or so (maybe?) Dac, that looks like a FUN project! Can you post some more pictures of her?

I got started here because I was on the chevy forum trying to figure out how to get Cecilia running smoothly for daily driving and NOBODY knew anything useful except "yanhk that out and grab u a 350, bro". I hated the idea of destroying history and really couldn't see a reason to toss a perfectly good engine.

Thankfully someone eventually pointed me to the yahoo email boards and I tell you what, I couldn't have gotten my truck to the point that it's reliable again without you guys. (Yes, I know, i blew a tranny but we'll get to that elsewhere ) I had NO IDEA what I was doing, and you can see it from my build thread mistakes. I make sure to include all my hairbrained ideas so everyone else could see what not to do.

If it weren't for you guys on this forum and the work Jolly and Jeannie put into it I'd probably have sold Cecilia to some punk kid that would have ripped her guts out by now and made her into another franken-truck.

I also got one of my favorite ideas from another member on here to start including Cecilia in my kids' birthdays. So for the past several years I've been taking their picture on her, in her various states of disarray, Now they're tied to her, she's tied to them, and we all can see the progression from youngster to young adult.

I may never get to paint, but I'll always have the memories of wrench turning with the kiddos and learning what not to do - together.

I'm forever grateful. And so are my helpers. For the old guys on here that remember, here's the Powder Puff from when Cecilia was first dropped off as a non-functioning pile of metal in the front yard.

And here's her just almost 2 weeks ago:

I can't wait to see what happens over the next few years. Now I'm tied up with building a home office in the yard (about 1 ft from where this picture was taken) and I'm getting started buying up rental houses this year as the home economy cools so I hopefully have some money in my retirement age. Projects a plenty I guess. One of them will have to be the tranny though. I have a garage full of office furniture until that's built, but then I'll wheel her in and get her running again.

Anyway, this got to be a rambling mess, but what I meant to say was thanks for the place to learn while we grow old, Jolly and Jeannie, and thanks to all the old timers that keep the interest in our trucks alive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; January 11th, 2020 at 08:23 PM.