View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2016, 07:25 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Loud squalling noise from Inline 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty66 View Post
Glad I could give you guys a good laugh. Pretty sure its not the radio since the truck does not have one. I will change the fuel filter when I rebuild the carb. I haven't been able to keep the engine running to get close to the noise as I have no help and the truck won't idle. I think it might be a bearing in the generator maybe.
You start it, it starts, then dies? Is that right? All within a few seconds? (10-20)

If so, maybe your generator is out and it's not able to keep the truck running. I hear they're easy to rebuild, but you could also swap to a GM 2 wire alternator too pretty easily. You might can kill 2 birds with one hammer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.