View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2015, 03:02 AM

Truck: 1963 GMC Fleetside
Ancientx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New guy from STL.(WARNING: longer than I thought it'd be)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's GMC View Post
Sorry you have to let the truck go. Hope it goes to someone other than, like you said, "Some idiot who will throw in a stinkin 350" Makes me grind my teeth to. lol Its stupid anymore to even go to a car show.
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, SBC350 is a good, dependable motor, but **** it's overdone.

The original plan was to use the whole running gear from a '65 Olds 98 out in the back.
A mild cam, valve grind, port the heads and a street demon carb would make that 455 Rocket run like a raped ape in that truck. HEHE.

I'd also upgrade the front suspension to modern standard and disc front brakes. My hats of to the purists. In a lot of cases I'm right there with them. But sometimes, well, all my uncles have been building cars all their lives. My dad did to before kids and a mortgage. I got an eye on a '66 Buick GS too. But that'll only happen if everything between now and October falls into place, and it'll be a restoration.

As far as the '66 Skylark I have now is concerned, I want it to be more "pro-cruizer" than pro-touring. I can't afford to build 500HP, much less a 1000. And who can afford the gas? Gimme 375-500HP and 24mpg thank you.