View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:50 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Restored 1963 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockv6 View Post
Wiki doesn't have the information on GMC trucks correct, it seems more Chevrolet biased to begin with. The Sierra and Sierra Grande trim packages were first introduced for the 1969 model year, the V6 was still available that year in pickups for the last time and only in 305 version. 67-68 still offered both the 305 and 351 V6 options, coil rear springs were reintroduced in the 69 model and of course that was a telltale sign that more GMC trucks were being assembled alongside Chevrolet trucks. To DAC you are right the Jimmy was introduced in 1970, never carried the K5 designation either in fact early promotional photos show the typical fender emblem used from 68-72 designating the Jimmy as a 1500 series.
That info you supplied still falls into roughly the area of what my poor memory can come up with! The innacuracy of the Jimmy deal was my proof that Wiki may not be accurate with the other information. Yes K5 was never badged on the Jimmy of the first gen that I have ever seen. My fender emblems just say "GMC Jimmy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Restore one to that level and you will look back and say $28000 was a bargain!!
Agreed!

Later---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday