View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Restored 1963 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R Leifheit View Post
Yes... and No...

They are never worth the amount put into them. And nothing will ever compensate you for the time you put into it, especially if it is a rebuild done with children or family.

Plus, over 28K at one time is a chunk of money, doing it yourself is more likely to be 28k+ over a period of years.

Amen to that! The days you're out there figuring things out, sweating, mashing fingers, and drinking cold cokes with the wee bebes are memories you'll have for the rest of your life. You wouldn't believe the random stuff you get to talk about when you spend time together doing stuff.

I'll never spend that much on Cecilia though. My budget is set at $4800. Why that? It's 10% of the national average income plus shipping to get her to me. If things ever get really, horribly bad I can probably sell her for that easily. It'll kill me, but I can do it if I have to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.