View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2024, 02:33 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
vwgreg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for information - Buying a truck

Hi all, just an update.

I have looked at maybe a dozen trucks since I started this venture, fell in love with a great looking 1962, but the owner would not budge on the price so I just gave up on it, and went on to other things. Then I just looked at FB marketplace for the heck of it there popped up a 1970 GMC c3500 within my price range.

I saw it was posted an hour before and contacted the owner, who responded fast. He said come on down and look at it and I did.

Not the prettiest thing, the paint is awful, looks like someone painted it with a brush, the color scheme is bad and so are the company logos from the 90s.

The interior is complete, the seat is actually confortable. It had some rust on the cab but the corners were nice the doors were not. The floor pan seemed to be solid, I pulled up the mat and it looked really good but there was rust on the rockers. The rest of the truck is in good shape, it has a dump body, 4-speed, but a 350.

The best thing about it, it has windshield wipers, only one other truck I looked at had them, but all the others were missing.

Everything on the options tag is right on, it is an 11,000 gvw which I can license without no issue at all, insurance is cheap, plates are $50.

Oh and it has a clear title, so it.

I wish I could find a V6 truck but I have to get something going, I need to haul 3500lbs of water. If the V8 dies on me, then I will throw in a V6.