View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2021, 04:26 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 Suburban Series 1000 - 351M with mechancal tachometer - PS & PB & 2 speed Pow-R-Flow automatic
lizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enoughlizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enough
Default Keep Points/Condenser or go Pertonix Ignition n

Want to do something different with my 1965 Suburban 351 Magnum - engine has the 500 cfm Holley, 2 1/4" dual exhaust with H pipe and Magna-Flows - custom ground camshaft with 379 pistons and custom length billet rods for the different piston pin height. Still has the original type points and condenser ignition - runs good with that set -up but kicking around the idea of going Pertonix Ignitor II and 45,000 coil. Asking for everyone's opinion - is this ignition as reliable as the original as far as dependability? I always carry an extra set of points and condenser now - would I need to carry a extra Ignitor module ? Would have close to $280.00 in the Ignitor II kit with added spare module - I can buy a lot of points and condensers for that amount - don't mind adjusting my points now. Looking for the benefits vs the cost factor between the change. Thank You for Your responses.