View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Banned

Truck: 1960 gmc truck
ZDADDY is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 Gmc 305 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgroby View Post
Welcome to the Wonderful World of V-6's PLEASE CHECK AND ENJOY THIS LINK, it has every single thing you'll ever want oe need to know about our trucks. It was created by Jolly Goodfellow.

http://6066gmcguy.com/

I have a 1/2 ton GMC V-6 with a factory rear differential DANA 44 and that originally had a stock 3.92 ring and pinion. I swapped it down to a 3.23 from Precision Gear, that helped a lot but I had no overdrive, so I stayed on the low roads.....

I recently swapped out my worn out 4 Speed hydramatic to a 700R4 - if you consider that you'll need the factory or aftermarket trans adaptor to mate up an automatic. Once I made the swap and the truck had OD, I can cruise at 70+ and only turn 1500-1900. I tested at 80 mph and was only turning 1750-1800. See screen shot

Finding parts will sometimes be a quest but they are out there, reach out to both Kanter and EGGE Auto.
Jbgroby,

That's exactly what I want!!!!!! Low rpms going 70/80...........How does that work with a manual 4speed? I would like to keep the floor shifter......is that doable or to much a pain in the ***?
Got any more pics? I need inspiration. Do you have to change tranny and rear end? What trannies bolt up to the v6?

Thanks for the reply
Zdaddy

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk