View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:59 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Just bought a power washer last year, and did that a couple years ago so it was all mostly soap, water, stiff scrub brush. I've tried a few cleaners, and some are good, but nothing beats scrubbing it.

I don't know if you can really tell from the pictures, but the engine is on the stand *and* has a hoist hooked to it. On the stand alone it kind of started "sagging". Of course leaving the bell housing on it means the weight was out further from the plate, so greater lever arm... physics and gravity works.

I actually didn't pull that engine. I bought the engine ( 351E ) took it apart (it was stuck) cleaned the insides of condensation and surface rust, new gaskets, assembled ... cleaned ... painted ... yanked Chev 350 out of the truck and put the 351 in. Ran it too hard for break-in, head gaskets didn't seat right so it leaks water around the head, water got in the oil and into the crank bearings and it is stuck again.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

But the truck is a '63 and I acquired a running '63 with the plaid covers that had already been converted to the Holley and electronic distributor. So one day soon... the 351E will be coming back out (and up for sale) and the 305 is going in. One day. Soon. Maybe. <sigh>
I cant take my motor out right now. I dont have a stand or puller and I'm stove up with a recovering hip, but I'm getting there.
I'll do it eventually. I'm buying tools as I go.
She sure does look pretty painted though. Nice job!!

Quote:
I powerwash old stuff all of the time. I use hot water and let er rip. I only seal the distributor and carb. BC
Maybe I'll give it a shot this spring. I want to eventually do the paint etc. like Davids but that's for another summer.