View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2019, 03:23 PM

Truck: 1963 1500 custom cab
jerrspud is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 305e Holley 500 swap question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky61 View Post
I did not change the power valve but I did use lower number jets. I believe I used 68"s.
Yeah... I was kinda thinking to leave it alone. It's definitely got more then enough fuel now, and I don't need to dump more in with a higher number Power Valve. I have 70 mains in it right now, and it's still a a little rich. I can see white some when I rev the motor from idle. The rich idle is much better since I turned in the idle screws. I even had to turn down the idle speed a bit so that's another sign I'm on the right path turning down the idle mixture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Running rich at idle is usually the float is too high. Adjust the float level until it barely come out the sight hole on the right side of the bowl. If you do not have the instruction be sure to download the instruction from the web site.
Float level is fine. This is a 500CFM carb on a motor that doesn't need that much fuel. So I'm trying to get it dialed in to match the motor a well as possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jerrspud; October 21st, 2019 at 03:33 PM.