View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2018, 04:00 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Off Topic - any of you guys work with WOOD?

Quote:
Interior finishes won’t hold up to the weather, but I think you are referring to varnish or polyurethane. A marine quality varnish would hold up. Be careful not to get too smooth or you will have a slippery deck. I just started a tool shed last week, and used a stain/sealer in cedar tone. I put an extra coat in the middle for traffic, and wound up with a stripe (a single coat is what they ask).
Haha, I did that on my new fence too! I had a spot that I thought needed more protetion (the doors) and so I painted it twice. Now they're dark and the rest of the fence is lighter. I'm going to skip staining it this year and just do the fence and see if it evens out.

So I priced marine varnish and that stuff is expensive. Is that normal? I can get a 5 gallon can of Behr stain for about 120 bucks, but that varnish stuff is about 50.00 a gallon.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.