View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2013, 02:34 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 1502 Fenderside
Foley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: After Market dash gauges

Hijacking doesn't bother me, it was good stuff. But ok, a little followup on the gauge question. I checked out all of your suggestions and settled on an Autometer brand oil pressure gauge. I really liked the products that Speedhut" offers and you can literally design your own gauge with them. So...Autometer because it was reasonable priced and offered a nice gauge with the black face, white nums, and a white dial which will match the stock cluster. And...........after much finger nail chewing, and sitting in the truck looking at the dash for bout nine hours. What?? Well ok, maybe not nine hours but probably at least three. Ok, ok, it seemed like three, I thought it was three, so maybe not three but one and a half for sure, yup I know it was one and a half I'll bet, and after all that contemplation what I came up with was tentative agreement with Bigblocks suggestion of mounting two gauges in the dash tween the factory cluster and the ashtray. Oil pressure and probably an amp gauge instead of volts. I've always thought the amp reading made more sense. So as to know what the charging system is doing right then and there. I don't know if that's electrically correct, but it's what I been thinking all these years. I plan to get a build thread going before too long to show the history of the truck and the reeel slow progress I've been making to get the engine ready to run after all these years.