View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2016, 02:17 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 1/2 ton SWB Fleetside
AngryPirate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 Pick up VIN location

Serial# on the drivers side cab door frame reads: 1001 P N35631A

I know that 1001 means its a 1/2 ton with a SWB, I know the 'P' means Pontiac, Michigan manufactured, and I know that the 'N' is the year designation, sort of....60 and 61 and the rest is the number of manufacture and the 'A' means its GVW is 6000 lbs or less.

But I believe the sheriff is expecting to find a different number stamped somewhere on the chassis, which from what I've read, doesn't exist on GMC's of my year. Chevrolet's, I believe there are stampings.

I just want to know if there are any other areas on the frame I could investigate.

The serial # unfortunately doesn't specify the color code or anything else outside of things listed above.

It just sucks because I think the sheriff believes that there should be a VIN outside of the serial #, which might not be the case.

Like I mentioned earlier, I opened up the floor on the cab over the driver side rear cab mount and cleaned the dirty and rust off and no sign of a stamping at all. :-/

Here is the door frame plate I am referring to...

Last edited by AngryPirate; November 25th, 2016 at 02:20 AM. Reason: adding what 'A' designates