View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2016, 03:32 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 1/2 ton SWB Fleetside
AngryPirate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 Pick up VIN location

The legacy site shows where things should be (which includes being useful when buying a truck).

The other users on another vintage truck site also state the location of my serial # plate matches theirs.

My tag/plate with my serial, or what the DMV is going to refer to as a "VIN" is where it's supposed to be. The ratings plate is missing. But there are holes where the rivets used to be.

So that said, it's most likely my truck is simply without a title and has been lost over the years. So, it being a clone seems unlikely. It's not some mysterious, conspiracy GMC frame, cab swap.

It has all the correct parts....the correct motor, carburetor, all parts ordered from NAPA (with the exception of the distributor) are a perfect match.

It has the original under cab fuel filter, etc., etc.

I look forward to someone "correcting" the old information site. It seems to have been correct about everything else so far.

All I was looking for, if there was a possibility of a stamping somewhere on the chassis. You seem to think there shouldn't be, as do many others. So the contribution I needed from you has been fulfilled.

Yeah, my serial plate for my truck is exactly where 1000 series truck is supposed to be...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=3000006

Another well known site validating mine is in the correct place. Let's see this manual you keep telling us about. Snap a picture for a brother, would ya?

Thanks again Ken for your rude and condescending response.

Always a pleasure. Please stop responding to any of my posts.