View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2023, 11:21 PM

Truck: '66 gmc pu
Harleyq is on a distinguished road
Default LED issues upon issues upon issues

Where to start...came up with the seemingly brilliant idea of changing front
turn signals and back brake/taillights over to LEDs as they are considerably brighter. However, brighter they may be but getting everything to work at the same time has turned into an excerise of futility. First try changed all the bulbs out hit the turn signal and both front came on a t same time. After scratching my head for a moment, or two, I realizes I needed resistors. To the parts store I go, got said resistors, installed and....nothing. was informed I needed another turn signal switch relay so ordered one. Recieved and installed...still nothing. During all this other issues have arised along the way. R rear parking light doesn't work, while left side the brake light stays on. Went back to original light bulbs all around. Front turn signals work as well as R rear, L is still constant brake light so really don't know if signal is working. So far with money spent on bulbs, and various accessories, I've got more problems than when I started. Money well spent right?! I have resistors in line on front but not rear as they were working with led originally. Do I need resistors in line in rear as well? And what else am I missing?? A far wiser master of wire has assisted me in non ked issues, but I'm lost on what I need to do to make these LEDs shine so bright. Any help, advice, sarcastic humor, would be appreciated. I figure I'm too far in to stop now and might as well do whatever I need too, to make them work. Thank you in advance...