View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2018, 01:36 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: "Coral" - my soon to arrive '63 Burb

Quote:
I am about to take possession of a 1963 Custom Suburban found in New Mexico. It seems to be a basically one-owner vehicle, excepting the seller who has had it a couple months. It seems remarkably original; so rare to find one that has not been messed with! 95% original according to the seller, and the original buyer went all-out; A/C, PB/PS. Two tone Palamino Tan and Imperial White. Clamshell door, like our old one, and all three seats. 305 V6 and Powerglide. It runs (roughly) and drives. Some dings and dents (it's a truck!) and small rust issues, but nothing unusual.

My plan is to get it reliably running for next Spring/Summer Cruise Nights, with an eventual Pure Stock restoration ahead. Beyond excited!
Congratulations on an awesome find! Looks like it has the custom trim and all four sliding windows too!. Are you sure it has clamshell doors? Looks like the tailgate/liftgate combo in the photo. I prefer that instead of doors myself. I've got one of each.

Hope to see more pix when it gets delivered. Keep us posted on your progress.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435