View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:25 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 305e Holley 500 swap question

If you have air in the line, you might have to prime it to the pump to get it flowing again. I tied a tube to my fuel funnel and then tied that into my steel line coming up from my undercarriage to my fuel filter. So it went funnel, tube, steel line under the truck, under cab fuel filter (pass side), fuel tank. Hold the funnel up high and fill it about 5 or six times so it fills the entire line, then take it loose and hook it back up to the pump. Prime the carb and boom, off you go.

If it's sat without gas for awhile the seals dry out and leak air. If you get them wet with gas again they usually seal right back up.

Edit: Haha, James beat me to it! He's a quick one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.