View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2015, 02:40 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Calling All Two-Tones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960HDGMC View Post
Wow, cutting the frame rails in half. To me, that is really taking it to the next level. I have heard of people doing this, but never seen one. Thanks for explaining how it was done. Now here is a Two-Tone 1960 GMC that is in black and white. Question. After years of looking at these old pictures, and knowing the limited factory color choices for any given year, can anyone discern the true color of the trucks in the black and white pictures? With todays computers, it would be easy to add the color, if I knew which color to add. I have even thought of getting pictures of a truck in each color offered that year, and turning it black and white. Perhaps the colors have something to say, even in black and white pictures. Any ideas? GM
Certain shades do show up differently in B/W but the quality of the picture has to be good to really tell between colors like yellow and orange. This truck appears to be the same as the Red and White one in the GM photostore

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)