View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2014, 07:39 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please Identify these Wheels

Hey AZKen, Sorry ,I forgot to post that the Sheet with the "C" Series info was from the 1960 Chevrolet Trucks Parts Supplement. I got it to be able to compare and contrast part numbers. Many parts are the same number for both makes in 1960,while many are not. I was told by Tom Myers that the Chevy wheels were a different width and had the same profile as the 1960 GMC wheel, minus the flat area. In other words, The Chevy wheel has the arched shape that goes all the way to the rim. I want to say that I had one beside my wheel once, but I can not find the picture. Your wheel on the right appears to be the Chevy wheel from 1960.
I am going to ad a page from a 1963-70 GMC Book, that has part numbers for wheels, as I get it scanned. I have never seen a 16 inch wheel for a 1/2 ton 1960 GMC. Has anyone ever seen one? We need more pictures of known original wheels on there original truck. My wheels are replacements, and I can not say they are original absolutely. But according to everyone I have asked, they are correct for my 1960 1002 GMC. The picture I added of the GMC trucks on the delivery trailer support this. I found a "NT stamped on my wheels also. I wonder if that is for "N" Series "Truck".
Finally, I have not been able to find a database that is comprehensive enough to rule out this wheel or that for certain year models. We simply must have pictures of known original wheels, and redundant pictures from other surviving trucks, to help support each wheels authenticity. Then maybe we can develop a listing of each years wheels that can help folks with these different 6-Lug Wheels. Thanks for all the help, Greg Mead