View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2015, 03:12 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default LOVE in a Box

I call this post ‘Love in a Box’.

Got into the office this morning and found a lovely little oblong box just waiting for me to rip it apart – as I knew what pretty thing was inside longing for me to lovingly caress the long cool metal frame and gaze through the clear glass….. OK ENOUGH WITH THE BULLS**T……..

I bit the bullet earlier this month and decided to order the new aftermarket replacement vent window assemble. Try as I might I can’t quite get my rubber to sit right – and you KNOW how I am with the little details.

I’ve seen other posts over the past year or so waiting for some poor lonely trucker to take the plunge. SO I’m posting the pictures for your review of what I believe is a well-made and quality product. I have been wanting to do this for about a year now and after fighting to get my vents assembled - I gave up. (FYI I have a set of Vent windows as extras if anyone needs them)

I was crusin’ eBay last month and saw where the Truck and Car Shop listed the driver’s side vent assembly online for $210.00 + $27.00 shipping with Buy It Now. That was at least $60 cheaper than anywhere else I’ve found.

The vent assembly is shipped in its own box VERY well protected box. I’ve worked the vent handle and it is very well fitted (no wobble or looseness). The glass channel run comes with the felt already fitted and installed. The spring assembly is well built with the proper spacers/washers and pivots smoothly.

I’ll order another next month if I’m not sleeping on the couch this month with vent assembly for company, as my wife calls the truck “The Other Woman” .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Well protected.jpg (3.68 MB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
File Type: jpg inboard.jpg (3.81 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg Spring Assembly.jpg (3.75 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg channel felt.jpg (4.54 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)