View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2022, 10:08 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: It's at the Machine Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walys60 View Post
I've got a great old timer here local that folks were recommending I take my 305A to. He knows the 305 well but said it's been 15 years since he's done one and was happy to see it.

However, I just got the call. "No parts available". He found some .60 over pistons for $700 but hates to do it cause they only need to go .30 over. Basically trying talk me out of it with a $2000 parts only cost so far. Figure it would total about $4k all in.

Anyway, I already knew the 'no pistons' thing was coming due to the awesome folks on this board that have already run that down. I hadn't been paying that close of attention to the rest of the stuff. My desperate plea is 'does anyone have a source(s) for engine parts'? If I can't get that bill down to something I can sneak past the wife, I'll have a 305A for sale pretty soon and I'll be stuck throwing in a 350
Existing pistons are in good shape? Can't resort to cylinder sleeves in order to use std. bore pistons??