View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2022, 09:54 PM

Truck: 1964 I1000
Jethro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jethro's 1964 I1000

It's been a little while since I've had a chance to do any work on the truck. Seems like there's always something else that has to be done first. Finally got some free time tho and used it well.

The P.O. had told me he just did the brakes. They worked fair... mostly. Except when they pulled hard left... sometimes. Or right... occasionally. And the brake fluid would disappear intermittently. Otherwise they were fine.

The original single line brake system is not one I like. Last year I bought a master cylinder for a 4-drum 67 C10. Also all 3 hoses and a roll of steel line and some fittings. Just now got the chance to upgrade.

The O.E. master cylinder mounts to the firewall with 2 bolts in a diagonal pattern.
The 67 master mounts horizontal.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Luckily, GMC put both bolt patterns there for me. I did have to switch the bolts around. There are 2 different length bolts. The long ones go thru the master cylinder.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?