View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2022, 10:17 PM

Truck: 1964 I1000
Jethro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jethro's 1964 I1000

There is only the one brake line from the O.E. master cylinder. It goes down to the frame and connects to a tee. From there, one side feeds the Left front wheel cylinder and the other side feeds a line to another tee over on the right side.

I ran a new steel line from the master cylinder down to that first tee. I also ran a new short steel line over to the left front brake hose and installed a new hose while I was there.
Here's where we start to change things. After removing the steel line to the right side tee I made a new steel line all the way to the right front hose. I had purchased a new hose but this one looked fine so I left it.
Now the front brakes are isolated from the rear on one half of the new master.

Next I removed the tee from the right side and the entire steel line and crispy old hose to the rear brakes. A new steel line was installed all the way to the new rear hose.
Now the rear brakes are isolated on the other half of the new master.

The pedal was really low even after bleeding the system. Because the rod from the pedal to the master was a half inch short. I cut it and lengthened it. I can't recommend just anybody doing this. Kinda important. But that's what I did. It's sleeved. Plenty strong.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?