View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2015, 12:40 AM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Southeast Mini-Meet

Hey RustyNut, I can drive my truck to Barnesville or any point south of Atlanta and north of Florida. I would not dare get anywhere closer to Atlanta(and its traffic) than Barnesville. My first pick would be the Cherry Blossom Festival Show, and then Barnesville Battler of the Bones. Either one will be fun. Moultrie Swap Meet is in Feb., and it will be pretty cold, so it is third in line, among these choices. I am fine with whatever we land on. I wish I had some other events to pick from, but these are it till summer around here. The Dukes Of Hazzard has a big show a little later in Byron, but it will be hotter than the law will allow. I had a friend have his door handles stolen of his 1940 Ford truck out there last year, so I would not leave my truck to go pee without eyes on it. I do not know if it makes a hoot for anyone or not, but I have a lot of former co-workers and friends at CBS 13 WMAZ-TV in Macon. If we land on the Cherry Blossom Festival, I can arrange for a film team to get some footage of the trucks and possibly get a human interest story on the GMC truck meet specifically. It would be a chance to get some video of our trucks and something great to watch later on. Just a thought. If five trucks show, they can shoot tight and make it seem like 100 rolled in. Later, Greg Mead