View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:34 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
It's probably the windshield seal. Get your self some liquid butyl sealant and try to get it under the seal. Or you can use some windshield adhesive. The stuff you use to set modern glass and get it into any cracks or pulled away spots on the seal. The second spot that may be giving you trouble is the drip rail seam that goes around the top of the cab. If it looks bad, grind out the rust and old sealant and get som DuPont seam sealant and lay a bead around the seam. Barry
I'll order some liquid butyl sealant and see how that goes. I've got seam sealing on my list of repairs in spring

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
At 25 degrees, water is like concrete too. harbor freight sells plastic tarps pretty cheap, and it can double as a sun shade/spatter guard in the good weather.
LOL! That's true. My glass rubber is hard all the time though. It's like a black rock in summer or winter. I wonder if it's original to the truck and just crazy degraded?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I worry I'm going to crack the glass when I try to chisel it off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.