View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:19 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
The rocker panel is spot welded to the truck. To remove a good one, or replace one properly will require door and fender removal. It is much easier to buy a replacement panel than fool with one still attached to a parts truck.
Yep, Thanks turbobill! I confirmed it today when I took Cecilia out and adjusted the door. I had to bang the rocker panel down with some serious UMPH

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The new door was rubbing at the bottom and the Powder Puff couldn't open it by herself.

It's on and rolling like a pro now!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I also pulled my plugs out and re-checked their gapping. Then I gapped them 0.05 over spec to get more fire in the cylinder. She didn't seem to mind that at all. She was more responsive on the throttle like a Godzilla on Tokyo.

So after that little break (sit down work) I thought I'd try to chase down the GEN light problem. It's staying on now. I had my alternator checked and the guys at Autozone said it was fine. I re-hooked it back up and it drove OK, but it's not really charging the battery.

I put a voltmeter on it and here's what it said.

I checked it at the back of the alternator too (red alt line, neg battery line)

The same, 12.60 v. It should have been 13.8 or more.

I had burger duty so I had to button it up after that. Guess I'll be picking up an alternator.

Happy Memorial weekend to everyone, and thanks to those that served or have family serving. Without you we wouldn't have the freedoms we take for granted every day.