View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2023, 01:17 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Originally I had planned to also paint the front inner fenders and radiator support etc. That will have to wait for another time, as there is a car show coming up that I would like to attend, and the weather is getting better by the day. I'm getting the urge to drive it again. Have to keep the big jobs in sections to avoid having it off the road for too long.

Rust repairs are the next job when this is finished.

Anyway, the second post is to show off the added ported vacuum advance port.
Originally this engine had no ported vacuum advance port, and I prefer ported over full manifold vacuum for drivability. Therefore a small aluminum block was made with a hose fitting. A small hole was drilled in the carburetor to allow for ported vacuum.

I could have gone with the Holley 500 CFM 2 barrel, but the engine will be running on propane most of the time so there is no benefit from it really. Also, the Holley throttle blades are the same size as the Stromberg WWC, so I doubt it will be inferior in airflow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230408_104447.jpg (4.17 MB, Multiple views, 3 clicks)