View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2016, 02:01 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1961 1500 Stepside
Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice
Default Re: The saga continues - Sputtering, loss of power when accelerating

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's GMC View Post
Just went through this. Ended up being that the sending unit did not have the screen on it allowing a ton of crap through the line and into the primary filter. And with an electric pump you know something is wrong Right away. New sending unit, 2 new filters, blew out the lines and for the 1st time I am actually seeing 10 psi cold.
That all sounds much better than what my worst case scenario brain was thinking. Typical of me, my first thought was a dying engine.

I'm really hoping it's something basic..... There is some crap in the pre-carb filter, and pretty much the only mod-con that the truck has (other than seatbelts) is an electric fuel pump.

I've already got a new sending unit on order (as much as I don't mind checking the level with a stick, it's not something I want to keep doing).

So, fingers crossed? Is there a chance it could be something major? If so, what other symptoms should I be looking for?