View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2014, 01:58 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Ha! It didn't dawn on me that the seats I was putting upstairs would be a way to elevate spectators to see over fences and such---LOL! Thanks for the compliment.

Yeah keep us posted on your hoist. I still find it odd they could damage that stuff too!

DAC
Yeah! You can use it for stargazing or at parades from the back of the pickup too. I really like that idea. Snuggle time with the little lady

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

My replacement should be here Monday. They called and said that the box was damaged again but the pipes were OK. They had to re-box it. I told them "really? it's just pipes! Just bring me the bits and I'll be happy." They didnt think it was funny.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Corporate America is way too sensitive sometimes. Too many lawsuits I guess.

Quote:
Great thread! i've been reading a couple pages every day. probably been lurking on here off and on for a few months haha. Keep up the good work!
If you don't mind me asking a question (didn't see it as important enough to start a new thread) why did you go for the ford red as the engine color and chevy orange on the tranny / transfer case? i had always assumed that GMC and Chevrolet were both the bright orange engine block, like how ford does a lot of blue engine blocks, and Cummins favors red. Then again, i could be dead wrong!
Hi Hantke! Thanks for reading my mess. You gotta remember that up until like 1972(?) or so Chevy and GMC were different things. Competitively so!

I didn't paint the engine yet but the

says that ford red is the closest match for that and the transfer case. The transmission was painted a more orangy color like you see in my test pics.

The main reason for choosing Chevy Orange was my local shop's limited supply of engine paints. IIRC I tried four or five of their orangy paints and Chevy Orange was the closest I found. It still needed more rust in it to match properly but even so once it dried it was better than the chrysler I was leaning toward. The chrysler dried too dark.

I'm pretty happy with it. Custom paint is expensive, but I probably could have taken the tranny down to get the colors colormatched at one of those places that do that. I'd probably do that if I had to do it over. Even having paint numbers that arent "engine paints" would be a good starting point I think.

Now my wheels are turning again. I can't wait till Spring!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.