View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:24 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
I'm one of those lurkers, i go from reading a forum for months to 50 posts a day for a year! i do really enjoy a well laid out journal though, so thank you for the good read!

I did like how the chevy orange was close in color though, i've seen both dark red and light green used on pumpkins and transfer cases which surprisingly looked really good (i'm not usually a huge fan of green).
I've already laid out the base plans for my build and i don't even have the truck yet!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

My favorite is (I'm spacing the name of the company, not International or Navistar) a farm equipment companies dark red enamel, i rebuilt part of one of their combines and really liked the color. My plans are to run with CAT black enamel, CAT yellow is the best crack finder in the world if you need to find some cracks. (sorry, i'm easily distracted!) My main plan is to run with the dark red pumpkin and tranny (i'm assuming i'm getting a 2wd) with chevy orange block and i'd like to some how run a nice chrome valve cover, but we'll see when i get one...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

thanks Hantke. You sound like you have this paint thing all planned out

My next paint project will be the transfer case I think, and then the rear bumper. I got some Eastwood epoxy paint for the bumper that I'd like to try. I have heard stories about it being rock hard like POR15 so we'll see how that goes.

Oh and an update on the cherry picker, which another member on here bought right after me (you know who you are!), It ships with several lower grade metric bolts. So I'll be swapping those out for super-ultra tough bolts and thanks to the other member I don't even have to spend a week looking up numbers. Thanks Other Member! I'll post them here once I get them.

And my last part came in finally. It was all re-taped and nasty looking. It weighs about 100 lbs

Remember a while ago I mentioned that my fedex driver is lazy? Yeah, he should be in a different position. Maybe one of the desk guys. He left the box lying right outside my garage door and guess what The Blonde did?
Vroom Vroom!

It wasn't damaged thank goodness. I still considered calling Fedex and complaining. I mean, there's like 15 feet of difference from the porch (safe) and the front of the garage (danger!). What the heck, Fedex?!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.