Thread: Grampa's 60
View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2015, 02:05 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grampa's 60

HAHA! yea, I guess all the pot lucks haven't completely ruined him yet.

It's 30' x 48' 2" which is about all I could fit on the lot without variances. It's all steel 'versa-tube'. Same company that makes the ones Lowes sells, but they had a plant here in town at the time (since moved about an hour away) so I was able to pick it up directly from them and cut out the middleman costs and shipping.

Ironic thing is though, I chose this one over the traditional 'red iron' buildings because of how simple they are and about anyone can put them up. They fit together like a puzzle basically and include everything. I had some guys come over yesterday to give me an estimate on putting it up though, cause I had some knee work done this year that has slowed me down a bit and they are friends of a friend and will be getting a pretty good price on it from them. But they get here yesterday and start off with "wow, we've never done one of these building before!" and the dad kept walking around it looking at it and mumbling "whew, this is going to be labor intensive"...seriously...4 or 5 times he said that..to no one in particular. So here I bought the 'easy' building, but apparently a lot more 'labor intensive' and it could cost me. Oh well, I've already decided, if they want more than $1000 to put it up I'll just go back to the original plan of doing it myself and hope to have it done by the end of the year

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?