Thread: My '65 GMC
View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2016, 01:03 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
57chevywagonman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My '65 GMC

Well I have no intentions of lowering it either. LOL! I would like the look, however I want a truck that I can work on myself (no freaking computer), has heavy suspension so I can haul or pull a trailer when the need arises, and classic date of manufacture so I can run historical vehicle tags and not be dropping $75.00 a year on license plates.

I am planing a nice 2 tone paint job (likely red and white with a red interior) I am also planing to rebuild the bed floor using diamond plate and having the inside of the box sprayed with Rhino Liner so I can haul car parts in it without guilt.

No offense taken by any suggestions made. I have thick skin and I know everyone has there own vision of what a vehicle should look like.

I do wish I could find a GMC V6 in my area. I might put it back. However this is the only V6 GMC that I have ever seen. The rust belt winters were tough on these. My dad had a 65 Chevy back in the 70s. I remember it was one of the most rotted vehicles that he ever owned and I don't think it was but 12 or 13 years old when he sold it to the next owner for $100.00.

Mike