View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2014, 03:51 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Got my heater levers and knobs in. While putting the unit back together, I noticed the lever on the right had a post on the back and near the front. The one in the front on the main assembly frame has a place for a cable to mount to, but I only had the back three cables on the system when I disassembled it. What am I missing here???

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Got the bench out. That was an easy process.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Set in the newer seats for a test fit. Going to have to do some sort of fab work if I make them a permanent fixture.

I can see what Keith was saying about the tank. I could back them up another inch or so roughly, if the tank were out of the cab.

Luckily at 5'10" and having recently lost 16 pounds, sitting in the drivers seat with the tank still in is not uncomfortable. However, if I do go with this setup, sometime way down the road when I can afford to rework that bed I have already griped about, I can move the tank out of the cab and back the seat up a little.

While all seats were out, I took a peek under the rubber floor. It was not as bad as I thought it might be, but rust is taking hold that needs to be addressed.