View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2014, 09:55 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

I left out the fact that it made yet another trip to town. However, this time when it got back home the radiator had sprung a leak.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Hard to say where it is leaking but the pan the radiator is sitting in was full of coolant. Looks like it may be from the front left a few inched from the bottom in the fins area...should have taken a pic.

I assume the stop leak stuff at the auto parts store aren't really worth the time?

Update: Finally got my hands on a timing light to ...well...check the timing. As the engine was starting to warm up the radiator started letting water out of the nipple that would normally have a tube connected to it going to an overflow tank. I would not expect any coolant to come out there unless already warmed up and then not constantly. Rev it up, even more blows out. So I guess I have a problem with the cap seal. Either it is not tightening enough or the gasket on it is no good.

Last edited by aphaynes; May 5th, 2014 at 12:36 AM.