View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2016, 11:43 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The saga continues - Sputtering, loss of power when accelerating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmclendon View Post
Driving along this morning and everything was fine. All of a sudden it starts sputtering when I accelerate and I'm not getting enough power.

It's had all new plugs, points, tuning etc.....

However, I've put an inline fuel filter before the carb and that has some crap in it. Not a huge amount (I once owned a straight 6 Fairmont that would run like a champ right up until the filter was chock full), so I wouldn't have thought that would be the cause?

Naturally this has happened the day I decide to take it to work. So now I'm here all day being paranoid that I'm going to cause damage trying to nurse it home. Or that it's not going to make it.
Oh, it's a 61 305D if that's relevant at all. And yes, it has petrol (although at the moment I am having to use a broom handle to determine that).
There's a hidden filter under the passenger side cab. It looks like a soda can sticking down. The replacement part is Wix 33271. Swap that puppy out and see if it clears up. Oh, and gas runs ALL DOWN your arm when you unscrew that can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.